Certified Public Accountant
Senior Financial Tax Manager
Quickbooks Certified ProAdvisor
Lee Marcus grew up first in Northeast Ohio and then in Miami. He graduated from Amherst College with a B.A. in English, cum laude.
In college, he was writing a paper late one night on the 1671 poem “Samson Agonistes” by John Milton. Suddenly, Lee had the unrelated revelation, “Auditing could be interesting work!”
Lee followed up on that revelation by enrolling in Florida International University, in Miami, to study accounting after he had obtained his English degree. He completed all the accounting and business courses, except marketing, required for a bachelor’s degree in accounting.
Then he passed all four parts of the CPA Exam on his first attempt and started work as an auditor. In the Miami office of Price Waterhouse, he earned promotions to Senior Accountant and Manager by auditing publicly and privately held businesses, local governments, and nonprofit organizations.
After working on audits for 6 years, he transferred to the Tax Division, to help people and companies minimize their taxes legally. He has worked since then as a public accountant and as a corporate controller and treasurer.
In addition to preparing financial statements and tax returns, Lee has prepared financial forecasts and projections, business plans, private-placement memorandum, business valuations, applications for IRS recognition of tax exemption, and written appeals for cancellation of tax penalties.
Lee became a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor in 2005 and a QuickBooks Online Certified ProAdvisor in 2015. He teaches free classes on QuickBooks at our office.
- B.A. in English cum laude from Amherst College, Amherst, Massachusetts
- Accounting and Business Courses, Florida International University, Miami, Florida
PROFESSIONAL LICENSE and MEMBERSHIP:
- Certified Public Accountant license # AC0006392 from the State of Florida
- Certified Public Accountant license # 129938 from the State of California
- Certified Public Accountant license # CPA-5804R from the State of Nevada
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (www.AICPA.org)
- Privately held businesses and their owners. U.S. subsidiaries of businesses based outside the United States
- Individuals, couples, and businesses that are late in filing their tax returns or paying their taxes. Non-resident aliens who own property or do business in the United States.
- Condominium associations. Homeowners’ associations.
- Nonprofit organizations. Companies that use QuickBooks or want to use QuickBooks for their accounting.